Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Things

There's lots of excitement around here.
For the kids and for me.
With lots of this
And lots, and lots of these.



And despite what seems like a lot of loose pieces it's making us all so happy.


You see, for years I've wanted my kids to have one of these.
just a preview... of what's to come
But we don't have a lot of flat space in our yard.

However, this one is tall rather than wide.

One day last week we saw it at costco.

The girls asked, and Daddy said yes.


Without hesitation.

I think it may have had something to do with the sadness, 
(early morning 1.8.2011 the kids saying their goodbyes to Bella)


over having to say goodbye to Bella.
(I took a moment to capture this goodbye, but quickly put the camera away.
It was too emotional for all of us.)
  
Daddy has spent his free time, morning
day and night 
following the directions, little by little piecing together

a place that will host a million imaginary worlds.

Oh I'm so excited for them.

Most of all Daddy says, he doesn't care how long it takes, 


the time spent with his little helpers is priceless.

Other exciting new things, our tulip magnolia trees are budding.
As I watch these signs of new life this week I'm reminded of my memory verse for this part of the month.

"Remember not the former things, 
nor consider the things of old.  
Behold I am doing a new thing
now it springs forth, 
do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness 
and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:18-19

Also making me smile,
these adorable little vases I found in the dollar section at Target.

I like having visual reminders around the house of God's promises and love.  That's what this represents to me.  And my daughters say, that is a perfect flower.  It's from one of the camellia trees planted years before we owned the house.  They truly are a sign of God's perfection.

And I'm very excited about how this little lady turned out.

I still have to add her rolling pin.  But I followed the tutorial from this pdf.  She'll go on top of my daughter Ava's sixth birthday cake.  We're using the instructions for a baking party from one charming party.  

Also making me happy, this new wrapping for my prints.  
I ordered bakers twine to wrap up the girl's party favor boxes and decided it would look cute for the scripture art wrapping as well.  So I spent a little time making a new gift tag that goes with the pink/red theme.

And finally, last but not least, I wanted to share my new scripture 
I've chosen for the scripture memory challenge hosted by 

"He will shield you with his wings.
He will shelter you with his feathers.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection."
Psalm 91:4  NLT

I have a picture forming in my mind to go with this.  As soon as I have time to dedicate to it, I hope to bring it to life. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Read about the loss of your pet. I know how you feel, as we lost two of our beloved old-timers this fall. Your photos are beautiful. I think its particularly hard when you have small children. Have courage (glad they found that blog for you) - the days do get brighter :)

Post a Comment