Thursday, February 10, 2011

Project Life Tuesday (a couple days late)

I just couldn't manage to get it done by Tuesday so I figure better late than never.


I'm really trying to keep up with this and am doing pretty well.  But it has meant I've just left my scrapbooking things out on the dining room table so I can do a little here and a little there.  I think it's just how it's going to be for awhile.


But the dining room is the least of my worries in terms of messes right now.


Remember I said I'd show you why I was on a deadline with emptying the gift closet...

Oh boy.  


I am having to majorly exercise letting it go for the next several weeks most likely.


The end result will be great.  It'll be awesome.  It's something I've wanted to do for the last nearly 12 years we've owned the house.


It's to get rid of the bar and funky tv set up in our family room.


The house was built in 1949 so when we got it there were tiny holes for the tv, stereo and speakers.  At first I had an armoire covering them holding our tv.  It was cute.  I was fine with it.  And I dealt with the bar.  I'm just not a bar girl.  I know lots of people like them, but I have never wanted one in the middle of my house.


But one day a few years ago I came home to find my armoire gone and a big screen hanging on the wall.  I'm also not a big screen girl.  To me bigger is not better.  I like discreet and honestly I hardly watch tv.  It's not that important to me.


So that funky movie theatre looking curtain (you can see behind this dancing collage) was my answer to hiding the strange box shaped holes that were now showing, that once housed the 1950's size tv.  


I made the best out of it... for the last eleven years.  Wow.  I can't believe it has been that long!


But we are finally embarking on turning this area into a built in for the tv and a library in the soffet area with a ladder.  We're really doing this.  It's both exciting and kind of scary to me.  




And this is what it's looking like right now.  Eeeek!!!






So now, onto my project life for last week....
In Audrey's preschool class the kids have been making their very own noah's ark, complete with animals they've voted on.  Audrey suggested a unicorn and it was the first one they made together using recycled materials.  She loves it!


Ava was working on her 100 days project.  She drew a giant heart & cut tissue paper squares to fill it in. She loved counting out the groups of ten and woke up early the next morning to finish the project.


This was captured with my cell phone.  Audrey loves to tell you, "come" and grabs your hand bringing you wherever she wants you to be.


At Ava's school they had some people visit with with baby goats.  One was only five days old.  They also brought all kinds of goat cheese for the kids to sample.  Yum!
Jackson won the Sportsmanship award at the monthly award ceremony.  Ava also got a 'caught being good' prize.  



Saturday was Miss Audrey's 4th birthday party at Lollipop Dreams.  I was so grateful to have it somewhere where they did all the work.  She had a blast & it was so fun watching her.  That last picture is of her hugging her best friend Ryan.


And on Sunday we had an early Valentines pizza/pajama party celebration with our friends Ashton and his mommy Kim.

For more inspiration, click the link to see other Project Life Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment