Monday, May 16, 2011

Provision


Gratitude in the simple every day.
These tulips were an unexpected gift.
From a woman who is not a believer.
A woman we see once or twice a month
and often she speaks to me about 
peace and calm and being centered.

How much more 
I try to speak to her about
the only One
who can bring us these gifts.

Often times I feel I don't do Him justice.
I don't express correctly the depth
 to which I feel His love,
His presence,
His daily provision in my life.

It makes me question, 
do I always reflect His peace.
The peace I should have in Him.

Whether I stumble at times,
I know the key is to always point back to Him.
To the one who sustains.
The one who calms.
The one who plants seeds of hope.
The one who is faithful always.
The one I know is in control.

When she brought these flowers 
I said, "Oh for Mother's Day?"
She said, "No, just for today."

Just for today.

She, the one who doesn't yet believe
I believe was used by God
to point me back to Him
in the midst of a mind filled with chaos,
to see beauty in the small things.

Each morning when I rise, 
the sun is barely up.
I smile inside when these greet my weary eyes.

And I'm reminded of how
He loves me.
How he provides
in the smallest ways
right in my moment of need.

In return, I see
how much that love must
overflow
so I can be that
love to those
He places near to me.

'Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait 
for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ
 to bring you to eternal life.

Be merciful to those who doubt;

snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy,
mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

To him who is able to keep you from falling 
and to present you before his glorious presence
without fault and with great joy --

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, 
power and authority,
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
before all ages,
now and forevermore! 
Amen.
Jude 1:21-25


115. tulips
116. paint
117. a break
118. time to organize
119. kissable cheeks
120. love texts
121. a son breaking a running record
122. a beaming daughter
123. seeking balance
124. everyone dropped off
125. a moment to just breathe
126. listening
127. help
128. vacation plans
129. summer drawing near
130. new plans


No comments:

Post a Comment