Wednesday, August 17, 2011

picture me {im}perfectly: irresponsible


Lately I know there are things that need to get done.

But I'm doing the bare minimum.

Because summer is about to end for my two older kids.

And I want to do all of those last minute fun things.

So instead of being practical.

Instead of being responsible.

We've gone to the zoo.  (More on that soon!)

We're heading to the beach.

We're going bowling,

And we're having a party.

But ... the closets are a mess.

The desk, another mess.

and my car, well I keep cleaning the windshield at least.

The school supplies aren't sorted or labeled

I have a dining room that is piled with

games to be put away.

I feel like I'm accomplishing a little bit

of a lot of things, but finishing nothing.

Oh, and the trash needs to be taken out.

My husband is gone for the week on a job.

(hence the trash.. I'm sort of old school like that.)

So the groceries can wait.

To-do lists will still be there,

and so will the mess.

It's time to play

and return to it another day!

p.s. Trust me this throwing caution to the wind is very uncharacteristic of me.
But I'm resting in the fact that in a week I'll have the time to start tackling 
the lists yet again.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your last bit of summer. Your kids will thank you!!!!

hill said...

i love this! you are so sweet for linking up. glad others feel as out of it as i do! but i love that you're focusing on what's most important. the kiddos. xoxo.

Laura said...

This sounds very very much like me {even down to the trash can}. Except my "gotta-get-it-done" side is kicking me in the butt. I need to drown out that voice with more fun! I bet your kids are loving this. :)

Post a Comment