Wednesday, August 31, 2011

this little lady


and I are getting lots of one on one time this past week.
She starts school way after her brother and sister.
And will only go three half days.
This will be my last year with her before 
she begins kindergarten next year.

And quite honestly I find her thoughts just so fun.
She truly is an enlightening little person to be around.
The way her mind thinks,
the way she expresses herself.
She's just plain fun.

So fun in fact that she and I lost track of time.
We took a leisurely walk around our
neighborhood last week.
And on our way around the bend 
I checked my phone to see what time it was.
It was 2:40.
My big kids get out at 2:30.
BAD.

In a nutshell I think my house clock was off 
or my eyes were off.
And I saw 1:30 when it was really 2:30 before we left.

You know those moments where your heart drops.
You have no cell service.
And then when you do, no one you know is answering their phone.
I had a little panic.

I so often say my life feels like a sitcom
or a three ring circus.  
Or both.

And so I was trying to express to my happily skipping
four year old in the 100 degree heat
that we needed to walk a little faster.
A lot faster.

It was only the second day of school.
I was not, still am not completely in the groove yet.
It takes me awhile.

But all is well.

And as far as the kids go.
So far, I couldn't have asked for better.
They love their new school.

And Ava, the Lord is amazing me.
With how quickly He has moved in her life.

I'm being told again and again.
She is raising her hand, not only in class,
but also in chapel in front of the whole school
to answer questions.
And she's getting everything she is learning.
Including her memory verse.

"Lead me in your truth and teach me.
For you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 25:5

She is being her happy goofy self
with new friends, her age and older.  
These things never happened last year.
I'm so, so grateful.
And thank the Lord.
He truly does do
beyond what we can ask or imagine.

And I truly do put my hope in Him alone.

181. time with my youngest
182. great finds at home goods
183. a painting project
184. helping in class 
185. a playdate with sweet twins 
186. new friends who gift us with pretty bows
187. progress with learning
188. a son hungry for the word


2 comments:

Christina said...

I have had that anxious feeling too many times when I've realized I was late. And you don't want to be late picking up kids:) What precious memories you are making with your daughter! Enjoyed visiting today from Ann's.

hill said...

thanks for linking up and revealing your imperfectness to the world! that is SUCH a sweet photo of ava. xoxo.

Post a Comment