Thursday, July 26, 2012

Aloha.....

SO you may have noticed..if you're still checking, that it has been awhile since I last posted.

Oh me oh my. 

It is because we've been ever so busy swinging from branches, swimming with fishies,
and hiking through the trails of Maui.
I shut down the blog.  I shut down the shop.  And we went on vacation.  

It was glorious.  I don't say this to brag.  Please know that's not my intention.

It's just that ever so often in my life I have been too much in my head about a million other things that I don't really enjoy the moment the way I should.  


I prayed my head would not get in the way.  
And God answered in a powerful way.


That is why I'm ever so grateful for these very special memories.

It has been eight years since we've taken a big vacation like this 
and the girls had never been to Hawaii.

It was so amazing watching our kids discover so many things.  
And it was so freeing wading through rivers and snorkeling with turtles,
going under waterfalls, and just being in God's creation without a care in the world.

I got to just play.  To just be.  
To smell the flowers, feel the water, revel in the colors, the rainbows, the food, 
the time to be a family doing fun things together, working as a team.  


Truly amazing.  


As the days go by and we settle into real life again I will share more.  

But for now...here are some of my instagram pics...






And finally....I'm linking up to embrace the camera again!  Because it's Thursday and because
I actually have myself in some pictures!


My most favorite moment ever...we found dozens of turtles swimming freely right alongside us.
That's me... me just chilling with Mr. Turtle there.  I really still can't believe it.


Mahalo God.


It was truly a gift.  Your creations are beyond beautiful.








“How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; 
the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, 
teeming with creatures beyond number-living things both large and small.” 
Psalm 104:24-25










4 comments:

Emily said...

Ummm wanna trade lives?;) Gorgeous pics momma!

Sarah said...

I feel more relaxed just hearing about your trip! Thank you for sharing and Mr. Turtle is just so sweet!

Kim said...

What an awesome vacation! So glad you are back and that you had a wonderful time!

Also, it was so nice running into you at CHEA..

AlongCameTheBird said...

You go girl! Like you, I took a break (took the whole month of June off) and it sounds like it was a great experience for both of us! :)

Beautiful pictures, by the way!

Post a Comment