Tuesday, January 1, 2013

believe

Happy New Year!
Seriously.
Who is ready for a new year, a new start?
I am.

We have a lot of extended family staying with us right now.
So we made no plans.  But then nothing was really coming together.
So we made a very last minute decision to have some friends over
for food and fun, and of course a game of cards.

They taught me how to play spades four years ago on a trip away together.
And ever since we've been playing periodically.

I must add that the women won.  Both games! Ha.
After a very long streak of not winning, the tides have turned guys.  And us ladies
are ready to do our victory dance into the new year.

I love that when we spend New Year's Eve with them,
we get to join in their tradition of praying in the new year with communion
because he is a pastor.

Today another tradition I love.  We went for a good long hike.
It was clear and beautiful and I always use the time to breathe, to reflect.
To soak in what was and what is to come.
And today I was thinking of what one word I should choose for 2013.
Two years ago I participated with the word PRESENT.
Last year I couldn't decide till mid way.  And then it finally came to me.  PLAY!
Play only settled in half way through so I'd like to keep it going.
But this year, it hit me as I was looking at this picture.
2013's word is BELIEVE.

I will commit to BELIEVING, really believing in God's promises for me, for my family, for the future.
I am owning his promises for hope and healing and so many other things.
I want to sit down and really write about it.  But  I must get back to our company.

So quickly I wanted to share, that it was this picture in particular just made me think of heaven raining down on her.  And I felt a sense of hope for the next half of this school year.
God is working all things together and I am going in wholeheartedly claiming and believing that this next year will be full of his blessings and provision.


Then Jesus said to her, 
"O woman, your faith is great; 
it shall be done for you as you wish."  
And her daughter was healed at once.  
Matthew 15:28

I am not saying that my daughter is demon possessed at all, like the woman's daughter in Matthew.  But I just want to go into this year truly believing with FAITH that Jesus will heal the connections in her brain and allow learning to become easier for her.  Like the woman who knew if she touched his robe, she would be healed.  It was her FAITH that healed her.

He said to her, 
"Daughter, your faith has healed you.  
Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
Mark 5:34

There are many more areas in which I'm believing God's truth.  I will slowly unfold them.
But for now I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year, and a happy sense of hope and belief in the blessings to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment