Sunday, January 6, 2013

grey clouds

with a silver lining.
Today was the last day of Christmas vacation for my son.
And he wanted to do something fun.
Something adventurous.
He's super into survivorman and bear grylls.
He studies survivor books and survival guides.
He practices knots, makes his own tools, carves spears,
and makes snares just to name a few.
And I'm all for all of this.
It's outdoors, it's active, and who knows it could come in handy.
So those grey clouds looked pretty ominous this afternoon.
I was pretty sure the sky was going to open up, but I said ok.
Ok..we'll head out adventuring.
Because the truth is I love it too.

And it just plain feels great to breathe deeply the crisp air, to stretch your legs,
to feel your blood pumping and your head clearing.
And had we skipped this adventure, we would have missed this beauty.
Both great and small.




"The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
Psalm 19:1

1 comment:

Kim said...

wow! So fun! I am not familiar with the trails in our area yet. Where is that?

Post a Comment